From the Kitchen of Dr. Nicole
Makes: 12 servings
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup of chocolate protein powder (I use Designs for Health PurePaleo)
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ cup plain tahini
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
3 tbsps raw coconut oil
¼ tsp sea salt
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
Optional: mix in a few drops of peppermint extract (not essential oil) into the chocolate chips after they’ve melted for a holiday twist
- In a large bowl, mix together the rolled oats, protein powder, shredded coconut and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan add the tahini, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Heat over low and stir until combined.
- Transfer the tahini mixture into the bowl with your dry ingredients. Stir well to combine.
- Divide the mix evenly amongst 12 silicon muffin cups. Or, a pan lined with parchment paper. Press the mix down to shape.
- Add dark chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 30 second intervals until melted. Stir to combine and then drizzle on top of the cups/bars.
- Place in the freezer for one hour to set. Enjoy straight out of the freezer or fridge.