Who may be interested?
- Any couple planning to start or grow their family
- Appointments are booked individually for each partner for the initial visit but may be booked together as a pair once individual assessments are complete
What can we provide?
- Support for maintaining a healthy pregnancy or issues conceiving due to subfertility or infertility
- Subfertility: couples initially struggling to conceive due to metabolic issues, emotional or physical stress, ovulatory issues, sperm function or production, or lifestyle and environmental factors. There is a delay in conception, but there is still a chance of pregnancy
- Primary Infertility: has no history of pregnancy and is unable to conceive after trying for a year or longer. There may be a low chance of becoming pregnant without support
- Secondary Infertility: has had one or more pregnancies in the past, but is currently having difficulties conceiving.
- Nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle medicine are foundational to the program. Acupuncture is often used to improve pregnancy success. Lab work and functional testing may be indicated to obtain a clear understanding of your health.
When is a good time?
- Couples planning on becoming pregnant in the near future, struggling to conceive, or working with a fertility clinic to improve their chances of pregnancy
Where are appointments held:
- Appointments can be held in office at HealthSpan or virtually via secure video calls
Why book as a couple?
- It takes two to make a baby, so we believe having a holistic program that supports both partners in the process is the best model of care
- Around 12-15% of couples experience infertility in Canada
- In one-third of infertile couples, the problem is with the man.
- In one-third of infertile couples, the problem is with the woman.
- In one-third of infertile couples, the problem can’t be identified or is with both the man and woman.
- A 75-minute initial visit with Dr. Nicole and Dr. Tyler consists of a complete health history and any physical examination that may be indicated. Appropriate lab work or functional testing may be ordered to provide insight into your case.
- At the end of your first visit the assessment of your case and initial recommendations will be provided
- Follow-ups may be booked as a pair once individual assessments have been completed.
- Generally, appointments are booked every 2-4 weeks until the patient is comfortable with treatment recommendations and positive changes have been shown.
Couples can continue to follow-up as needed once pregnant for support