Updated Oct 27, 2020
With more pivoting than in an NBA game, we look forward to welcoming you back into the clinic. In order to keep everyone safe we’d like to communicate how things are different, so you’ll know what to expect.
- We ask you do not attend the clinic:
If you have at least one of the following symptoms: fever and/or new onset of cough or difficulty breathing
At least two of the following symptoms that are new or have worsened: chills, fatigue, headache, sore throat, stuffy or runny nose (not allergy related), loss of taste/smell, hoarse voice, difficult swallowing, digestive issues (nausea/vomiting/diarrhea/pain), for young children and infants: sluggishness or lack of appetite
If you have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
If you have had close contact in the last 14 days with anyone with acute respiratory illness or a confirmed case of COVID-19 without wearing appropriate PPE.
Cancellation fees will not apply if you notify us to cancel your appointment due to illness. You will receive an email 10 hours before your appointment with COVID-19 screening questions. If you’re attending a clinic appointment you’ll need to complete this survey and reschedule your appointment if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the questions. If you’re doing a phone consult please disregard.
2) We ask that whenever possible, that you attend your appointment alone.
3) When you enter the clinic please use the hand sanitizer provided at reception.
4) Our clinicians are working staggered shifts and our admin staff is working remotely to provide direct billing, scheduling assistance and invoicing. If you don’t have a credit card on file with us, we’ll be setting this up at your next appointment. Our clinicians will not be taking payments at your appointment, this will be handled by our admin staff working remotely.
5) Clinicians will be using PPE per their professional College recommendations, such as masks and gloves. We ask that all patients arrive to the clinic with a clean mask (cloth or disposable) and plan to wear it into the clinic, through the duration of your treatment and until you’re back in your vehicle.
6) We have a strict disinfecting protocol using Health Canada approved disinfectants and clean all contact surfaces, door handles, and equipment between patients and after every shift. If you arrive early to your appointment we ask that you wait in your car until your appointment time as we prepare the clinic for your arrival. The door will be kept locked until your appointment time.
7) Table linens for massage therapy and acupuncture are washed in hot water, with bleach.
8) We encourage you to book, cancel or reschedule your appointments online. Online scheduling is available for all clinicians.
9) Dispensary product refills will continue to be processed through our online store , by email, or by calling ahead. We offer a porch pick up option and free shipping on orders over $100. We are not open for drop-in dispensary purchases at this time.
10) Psychotherapy is currently available only by telemedicine as Vij is working with medical personnel in the hospital setting full time.
11) Naturopathic new patient appointments and follow-up appointments can be scheduled as office visits or phone consultations, and both are available to book online. In-clinic appointments such as acupuncture and B12 shots are also available for online booking.
12) New patient appointments for Chiropractic care are initiated by contacting HealthSpan and intake forms will be emailed
If all of this seems confusing, don’t worry! We’ll help you navigate these changes. We’re here for you – albeit virtually, behind plexiglass and masks or with 6 feet of separation!