Nicole Medeiros ND
These muffins are an absolute staple in our household, I make them once a week! They also freeze really well if you want to bake a batch ahead of time.
You may be thinking “who has time to bake once a week?” This recipe uses pantry staples and minimal dishes as everything’s tossed in a blender. They’re grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free depending on which chocolate chips you use. They have a nice spongey texture and taste similar to banana bread.
Grain Free Almond Butter muffins
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 15 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 20 MINS
SERVINGS: 12 MUFFINS
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas peeled
- 1 cup of plain unsalted almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Optional: top with dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a muffin tin with vegan butter or coconut oil.
- Add everything to a blender except for the chocolate chips
- Divide the batter between 12 muffins, top with chocolate chips
- Bake for 15-17 mins until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool in muffin tin for about 10 mins before transferring to a cooling rack
Notes: I like using a few of the “Enjoy Life” mini dairy free chips. I have also used the PASCHA organic dark chocolate baking chips with zero sugar.