Zesty Citrus Quinoa & Black Bean Bowl
A nourishing one-dish meal
Makes 6 servings
Vegan, gluten free
2 cups quinoa, cooked
2 cups black beans (cooked and drained, or canned and drained)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped OR 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
8 tbsp lime juice (approx. 4 limes)
Zest of 1 lime
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black or white pepper
1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
1. Set prepared quinoa aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add beans, tomatoes, lime juice, lime zest and cilantro/parsley, tossing to combine.
3. Add all dressing ingredients into a food processor or blender. Pulse until garlic is blended and dressing appears creamy.
4. Fluff quinoa with a fork and add to bean mixture. Toss to combine.
5. Serve in bowls, topped with avocado slices and drizzled with dressing, dividing evenly. If desired, garnish with a few more springs of cilantro/parsley.
This vegan bowl keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. If you’re prepping for one, slice the avocado fresh and add it to the mix just before serving. Without the avocado the dish will last up to 5 or 6 days in the fridge, and it freezes too!
Nutritional Analysis, per serving:
Carbohydrates 57 gm
Fiber 12 gm
Sugar 3 gm
Fat 18 gm
Protein 14 gm